Schloss Pillnitz, or simply Pillnitz Castle, is a beautifully restored Baroque palace located in the eastern part of Dresden, in the German state of Saxony. The castle served as the summer residence of a number of kings and electors of Saxony, and it was also here that the Pillnitz Declaration was signed in 1791.
The palace consists of three main buildings, the Wasserpalais, which is on the river bank, the Bergpalais, which is on the mountain side and also contains Chinese-inspired architecture, and then there is the Neues Palais, which connects the buildings on the eastern side. The palace's Baroque garden is very famous and is then again surrounded by a large public park.
Pillnitz Castle also houses the Museum of Decorative Arts and the Palace Museum. An exciting trip back in time and an ideal family outing that the whole family will enjoy to the full.
© Copyright. The material may not be reproduced without written permission.