The Silted Church or St. Laurentii Church was built in the 13th century in red brick. The church tower, built in the 14th century and renovated in the 18th century, is today the only visible part of the church. The sand fly,
which began in the 16th century has,hindered the rise of the church,
which was closed in 1795 by permission of the then King of Damark
Christian VII. The sand has now completely buried everything except the tower, which is now K-marked and is one of the tourist attractions.
© Copyright. The material may not be reproduced without written permission.